Tips for a Top Performance
Before the competition
- Try the sample questions on this website. Then you will know what to expect in the competition.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before so you are well rested on the day.
During the competition
- Read all the instructions carefully and fill out all your personal information clearly.
- Read the questions carefully and re-read if necessary to make sure you have understood it correctly.
- Record your answers by colouring in the bubble next to the right question number.
- Make sure you answer every question. Each question has four possible answers. If you’re not sure, eliminate the options you know are incorrect and then select from what’s left.
- If you get stuck on a question, put a mark next to it and come back to it later.
- If you don’t know, guess. There is no penalty for getting an answer wrong.
- Spend your time wisely. You have 60 minutes to answer 30 questions, which works out to two minutes for each question.
- Bring in a spare pencil and some working paper.
Finishing the competition
- Go back and check your answers.
Relax. You have finished. If you don’t feel you’ve done well, don’t worry!