Scholarships for girls
The Harding Miller Foundation Scholarship Program provides practical support to lift the educational outcomes and career aspirations of high potential girls who are facing disadvantage.
The Scholarship is valued at over $3000 each year for two years and includes:
• Laptop with internet connection
• Access to online tutoring support
• Annual bursary for educational expenses
Do you know female students entering year 9 who could achieve more with some extra support? Many of our previous scholarship winners tell us that they never thought they would receive a scholarship. They applied only because a teacher, a friend, or a parent encouraged them.
The 95 students that have already received a scholarship tell us that their success and our support has given them the confidence to lift their grades and raise their career aspirations.
Can you help us identify the next group of scholars? Information and applications forms for the Harding Miller Foundation Scholarship and many other scholarships for students in Australian Public Schools are now available on the Public Education Foundation website.
Applications will be accepted until 27 November 2015.
Apply now through the Public Education Foundation
The Harding Miller Foundation Scholarship Selection Criteria
• Experiencing personal or socioeconomic disadvantage.
• Evidence or testimony from her School Principal of high academic potential.
• Demonstrated motivation to achieve academically and professionally, including an intention to undertake tertiary education.
• Agreement with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship, including providing feedback to the Public Education Foundation and the Harding Miller Foundation at the completion of each academic semester during the scholarship period.
• Demonstrated interest in extracurricular, community or leadership activities will be considered favourably, but is not essential.
• Female student entering Year 9 in 2016
• Attends a New South Wales Public School
• Australian citizen or permanent resident