COVID-19 restrictions and the Australian Science Olympiad Exams
With restrictions currently in place across Greater Sydney, some NSW LGAs and Victoria, we have measures in place to ensure your students can still sit the Australian Science Olympiad Exams. The exam dates are 26 – 30 July 2021.
How it will work:
- Exams are hosted online.
- Students will be emailed their login details to access the exam ahead of time.
- We ask that students sit the exam under the usual exam conditions while at home.
- All students in your school sitting the same exam must do so at the same time on the designated day unless prior arrangement has been made.
- Students will be required to declare they have adhered to exam conditions.
- To provide flexibility while learning remotely in the state of continued COVID restrictions, schools can request an alternate sitting date. The last available date to sit any of the Olympiad exams being Friday 6 August. The exam site will close at 7pm AEST on that day.
- Requested alternate dates must be AFTER the originally scheduled date. You can request an alternate sitting date here.
To ensure exam integrity, we have the following measures in place:
- Question and answer randomisation: it is extremely unlikely that any two exams will have the same content, or question order.
- Unique, new questions developed by our Program Directors that test critical thinking and problem skills, not science facts.
- Exam access is strictly timed.
- We review individual and cohort time stamps upon submission.
We know this may not be an ideal situation, but we do not want your science-loving students to miss out. The Australian Science Olympiad Exams were successfully hosted virtually during the 2020 Victorian lockdown.
Each exam costs $15 + GST.
Your school will be invoiced for students registered for the Australian Science Olympiad Exam. If you would like students to register and pay us directly, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before sharing the registration link with your students.
Registrations in the Australian Science Olympiad Exams close on 21 July 2021.
Email us on email@example.com to receive the registration link.
Or, complete this spreadsheet if you have over twenty-five students registering for the exams and email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm AEST Wednesday 21st July 2021. Late registrations may not be accepted.
If your school is paying for student registration, please take a moment to review student registrations in your Teacher Portal and accept or reject student registrations by 5pm Wednesday 21 July. Your school will be invoiced for all students registered, unless you reject students who will not sit the exam.
Please do not hesitate to contact Nurul on email@example.com if you have any questions during this time. We look forward to your students taking part.