Curious Minds needs enthusiastic women to become Curious Minds STEM Coaches to help empower girls to excel in STEM.
As a STEM Coach, you will develop a relationship with a high-performing female student from years 9 and 10 that increases her confidence, stimulates her curiosity, inspires her enthusiasm and motivates her interest in STEM studies and careers.
Benefits for you
- make a difference in the life of a girl with a curious mind
- contribute to the future career of a potential STEM professional
- develop your own teaching and coaching skill
- create new networks with a group of awesome female STEM peeps
- attend webinar training and catch-ups: December 2020, in March and June 2021
- virtually meet your student and get started during virtual summer camp in December 2020
- contact with student via phone or video call every three weeks, with some emails/texts in between
- attend a wrap-up session during the virtual winter camp in July 2021.
STEM Coach support
- initial Coach Intro sessions
- planned modules including conversation tips and goals
- ‘Head Coach’ who will monitor, check in and problem solve with you
- online catch up sessions mid program and prior to winter camp
1. successful proven interest in STEM activities
2. desire and capability to work with young people, in particular high school Students
3. Understanding of and agreement to coach responsibilities
4. completed Working with Children Check (or state equivalent)
5. ability to commit to time as described
How to apply
Applications have now closed for 2020/21. If you would like to be notified of the 2021/22 application dates, please submit your EOI below.