Tips for a Top Performance
Before the competition
- Try the sample questions on this website. Then you will know what to expect in the competition.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before so you are well rested on the day.
- The competition is hosted online; make sure you have a secure WiFi connection and a laptop charger if you need it.
- It’s a good idea to log into the system a day before the test begins to make sure your log-in details are correct and that the site loads for you. If you have any issues accessing the website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
During the competition
- Read all the instructions carefully and fill out all your personal information clearly.
- Read the questions carefully and re-read if necessary to make sure you have understood it correctly.
- Record your answers by selecting the bubble corresponding to the right question number.
- Make sure you answer every question. Each question has four possible answers. If you’re not sure, eliminate the options you know are incorrect and then select from what’s left.
- If you get stuck on a question, come back to it later.
- If you don’t know, guess. There is no penalty for getting an answer wrong.
- Spend your time wisely. You have 50 minutes to answer 30 questions, which works out to two minutes for each question.
- Bring in a spare pencil and some working paper.
Finishing the competition
- Go back and check your answers.
- Relax—you’ve finished. Even if you don’t feel like you’ve done well, you’ve given it your best shot!