Why take part in the Australian Science Olympiads?
As a student you can:
- Challenge yourself way beyond school science by exploring and solving practical issues scientists encounter every day.
- Receive local, national and international recognition of your academic achievement.
- Meet new friends and create networks with established scientists for future study and work.
- Travel the world with opportunities for national and international travel during and after the Science Olympiads.
‘The exam was very different from school assessments! It opened my eyes to how science can challenge you to think about things from a different perspective.’
– Oliver, 2020 Australian Science Olympiads – Chemistry.
‘I’ve done both the Big Science Competition and Science Olympiads in the past! The Australian Science Olympiads Exams are a great challenge to throw yourself at. Give the free practise questions and papers a go and take part.’
– Matthew, 2020 Australian Science Olympiads – Physics.
‘My Biology Olympiad experience enabled me to skip first-year biology subjects, which allowed me to accelerate my studies and complete three majors. Being a Science Olympian was definitely helpful when it came to applying for summer research programs and scholarships.’
— Ruby Kwong, Olympiad, International Biology Olympiads 2008.
As a teacher:
The Australian Science Olympiads and Junior Science Olympiad offer a range of benefits:
- It’s easy to set up, just register students online, or students can register and pay directly with us.
- Academic support is provided to students at every stage.
- Students gain hands-on experience and develop their practical skills.
- It helps them understand how science can be used outside of the classroom.
- Opportunities to celebrate science are created in your school with certificates, medals, VIP ceremonies, media attention and more.
- Develop role models. Olympiad students experience great personal growth and sense of self achievement. They become Alumni students of ASI and share their experience and enthusiasm with the school community.
“This is one of the best programs for gifted students. The main benefit is that students can follow their passion and I have seen them come alive. Another benefit is that they bring their skills back to school and use them to inspire others in science” – Science Teacher
Registrations for the 2022 Australian Science Olympiad Exams are now closed.