Big Science Competition Giveaway Terms and Conditions
All students based in Australia who register for the Big Science Competition have the chance to win great prizes as a part of the Big Science Competition Giveaway (the ‘Competition’)
- Each student who registers for the Big Science Competition will go into the draw to win one of the following prizes, with winners randomly selected. Once a student registration has been randomly selected, it will be omitted from any subsequent prize draws:
- One eScooter ($599) (Major Prize)
- One iPad 32GB 8th Generation ($499)
- One Nintendo Switch ($399)
- One of four $50 gift Kids Smart eGift Cards ($200)
- One Kaiser Action Camera ($199)
- One of three Hoyts Cinema Double Passes. ($150)
- One Wireless Headphones ($139)
- A book pack from Australian Geographic ($100)
- One Australian Geographic Magazine twelve month subscription ($79)
- One COSMOS magazine twelve month subscription ($49)
Total prize pool is: $2,313
- The 2021 Big Science Competition Giveaway is open to eligible Australian students only.
- All students registered for the Big Science Competition are automatically entered into the giveaway. One entry per student. Duplicate registrations for the same student are not allowed and will not increase the odds of winning a prize.
- Students must include the correct contact information for their school name and teacher email. Incorrect contact information will result in the disqualification of the student registration.
- The Major Prize will be drawn first, and each prize in descending order until all are drawn.
- The prize draw will take place at 10am on 31 May 2021 at Australian Science Innovations Oliphant Building, at The Australian National University using a physical draw. The results will be published on asi.edu.au
- All Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed in cash. The value of each prize as stated in these Terms and Conditions is stated in good faith.
- All Prize winners will be notified by telephone, mail or email on 31 May 2021 or otherwise as soon as reasonably possible following the Australian Science Innovations determining of the prize winners.
- Australian Science Innovations will make all effort to contact and follow-up with prize winners, but if the winner does not make contact to claim their Prize within 30 days, the prize shall be deemed unclaimed.
- In the event of any unclaimed Prizes, a redraw will take place at Oliphant Building, The Australian National University on 1 October 2021 at 10am.
- Australian Science Innovations may use any information (including personal information) provided by any person who registers for any reason in relation to the Competition.
- The decision of Australian Science Innovations in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final, and will be binding on every person who enters the Competition. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If there is an event which prevents or hinders Australian Science Innovations conduct of the Competition, or Australian Science Innovations ability to deliver the prize to the Prize Winner, then the Australian Science Innovations may, in its discretion cancel the Competition subject to State Regulation or select other Prize Winners. Further, Australian Science Innovations may at its sole discretion recommence it under the same conditions.
- Australian Science Innovations may at its discretion refuse to award any Prize to any student who fails to comply with the Big Science Competition Conditions of Entry.
- The promoter of the Competition is Australian Science Innovations, Oliphant Building #60, The Australian National University ACT 2601. ABN: 81 731 558 309
- Current employees, Board Members, and volunteers of Australian Science Innovations, and their families, are not eligible to enter the Competition.